Lazy summer Saturday and Lazy banana yoghurt oatmeal pancakes


Summer in Japan starts hydrangeas flaunting their pretty flowers! These were blooming outside my apartment and I just love the pretty violet colour.

The yoga class I go to on saturday mornings is getting so popular I can't get a spot in it any more :( and I have been running around like a mad chicken this week with interviews for internships, survey analysis etc. that I haven't had the time to relax, so I decided to be lazy today.

And the best way to start a lazy Saturday morning is still with pancakes :D 

Today I made Lazy Banana Yoghurt oatmeal pancakes! (=just blended what was in fridge and cooked)



So easy, so yummy. 

 I really liked the extra texture of the oatmeal

Going to write the recipe for my own reference and in case anyone's interested. Super moist and fluffy pancakes.

Makes about 8 small pancakes
(80-90kcal per pancake)

1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup yoghurt 
1/4 cup milk 
1 egg
1/2 banana 
Small pat of butter at room temperature
1/4 tsp baking powder
2tsp sugar
Pinch of salt 

*notes
If you don't like the texture of oats, replace with flour.
Could probably use all milk or yoghurt but I mixed them because that was all the yoghurt I had left in my fridge.
You could leave out the salt if you were using salted butter.

Step one -- make the lazy batter
1. Blend everything in a mixer. :D

If you don't have a mixer (not so lazy batter)
0. take out the butter and let it soften or stick in microwave for a few seconds
1. mix dry ingredients (oats, sugar, salt, baking powder) 
2. mash in banana and egg and butter with a fork
3. add in the rest of the wet ingredients (milk and yoghurt)
4. Mix. It's ok if there are some lumps

Check consistency of batter! It should be thick. Add more oats/flour if too runny.



Step two -- cook the pancakes 

1. Heat frying pan on medium high heat.
 When drops of water sizzle and dance on the pan, you're good to go!

*Lightly grease the pan if its not non-stick. I find pancakes brown more evenly on non-stick pans.

2. Drop about 1/4 cup of batter on pan

3. Flip when big-ish bubbles appear on the pancakes. (May take maybe a min or two)

4. Cook for about a minute 

5. Repeat until you're out of batter. Turn down the heat if  the pancakes are browning too fast. That's usually after the second batch for me.

6. Stack, serve and enjoy!




Nomnom :9

No comments :

Post a Comment