'Non-fry' snacks! The next trend in snacks?!

So previously I talked about 0 calorie jellies, which are pretty awesome. But what if you're craving something savoury?! Which happens to me pretty often at night lol. And the cold weather isn't helping. And the fact that it gets dark at 5 pm isn't either lol. I think my eyes tell my tummy that it's dinner time.


And it was really pretty in the day!
But I digress. Back to the topic. 

So yesterday I went out to the combini because I was kinda hungry. It was pretty late because I had been at the gym before that (half an hour on the treadmill and elliptical each!! -accomplished-) and didn't want my efforts to go down the drain haha. 

When I looked at the shelf for snacks, I saw that diet friendly snacks have increased to take up almost 1/4 of the shelf! It appears that the new trending word in the snack world is 

ノンフライ = nonfry

Which you can probably guess means snacks that were made without frying lol.These were the snacks on the shelf. See if you can spot the ノンフライ on the package!


Carl stick version by Meiji. butter shoyu flavored. ノンフライ! 
( written at the bottom like its a flavour lol)

Potenon (potato + non fry hahahaha) by Koikeya. I bought this one to try!


It tasted like normal potato chips without the greasiness. Not bad because I've had some other nonfry snacks which were really bad and stuck to my teeth or tasted like cardboard lol. It was only 105kcal for quite a substantial amount!

Next. 



Ottottto rilakkuma version. These are like the animal crackers I had when I was a kid but rilakkuma version!! Too cute to resist but I resisted haha! 
(Says ノンフライ in a green little box in the bottom left of the package. )



Soy carat! It's made from soy flour and isn't fried. Claims to have lots of isoflaven which is also one of the buzzwords for healthy food now. Also is supposed to be  good for snacking because it doesn't get your hand oily. It also happens to be endorsed by Kara (Soy Kara, geddit?? Hahaha)
(Says non fry in the green circle on top)




  So I bought it too. It's pretty good actually, very crunchy and mild but addictive at the same time. 

Got this picture off the Internet cos I forgot to take one. But it's got some crunchy ball thingys inside a crunchy pillow so it's double the crunch but still very light! 

Ebippuri prawn crackers. I forgot to take a picture of this in the combini but I tried 
 it and it was good! Very prawny and light. 



Lastly, Olivee by calbee. I've tried this one before as well. It's really nice because the chips are nice and thick and crispy :D this one isn't non fry but I included it anyway because it's so good! It's diet friendly too, apparently. 30% less oil, they say. 
M
Also, no pictures, but probably like 1/4 or more of the instant noodle shelf in the supermarket are also ノンフライ lol. 

 I don't know if I should be happy because it means I can continue snacking happily during my diet, or worried that I'm happy because means I'm becoming so conscious of what I eat I can't even enjoy a bag of potato chips properly lol. 

On the other hand I love how the people in Japan create products so quickly to respond to the consumers needs. And recently products catering to women's needs have been popping up all over the place . I think I'll create a post in this seperately later!

Guess I'll definitely be seeing more ノンフライ signs in the future!!

No comments :

Post a Comment