On 0 calories

Japan is the land of awesome yummies. Everywhere you go, there's food. Step out of the station and you're welcomed by the aroma of freshly baked breads or cream puffs. Turn a corner and there's a soba specialty store. Even seven eleven has yummy bentos and deserts for when you're too busy to sit down for a meal!

When I first came to Japan I almost went crazy wanting to try everything, haha. 

So how is it that Japanese people stay so slim? They probably have a lot of self control and maybe just eat really healthfully. I love how so much of the food is grilled or stewed nomnom. 

 But if you're looking to lose some weight and can't lose that sweet tooth or love for noodles, it isn't that hard here, as long as you can read カロリー which means 'calories'. 

Introducing 0 カロリー foods.


This is my go-to when I need a midnight desert but blew my calories on a big dinner or something. 0 calorie muskat jelly with nata de coco and konyaku balls. Not as good as normal jelly, buy considering its guilt free it's pretty awesome. :'D

Craving noodles? Not a problem. 


Konnyaku noodles are traditionally part of hotpot or Oden or just soupy food. But now they're really popular because they are so low in calories. That one there is Konnyaku ramen noodles for your salad. I  tried both that and the tomato flavuored variety and they were actually pretty good! 

Salad + tomato konnyaku noodles :D

There is even a small section in the supermarket near my place dedicated just to these low-caloric foods. 


Drinks are diet friendly too. Lots of sugar free tea to choose from, and also "calorie off" varieties. 

This apple mint tea had "calorie off" written in small print at the bottom. 
Corn tea that is 0 calories and caffeine, and sugar free Paradise Tropical Tea.

And then there was this. 

Red bean beauty tea :D also 0 calories. 
I decided to give it a try and it was really nice! Tasted like red bean soup without the sweetness but still kinda sweet. Maybe it was just me imagining it haha. Wonder if I got prettier drinking it :'D

1 comment :

  1. hello this should be on our blog instead! >:( you neglect our blog!

    ReplyDelete