Back with baked rosti

Heavenly smell coming out from the oven as I'm writing this omg.

Wow I haven't updated in a month! Time flies when you're busy with exams and lazing around at home I guess :P

Well I'm back in Singapore for summer holidays and I was craving me some rostis. But no place near my house serves them and I wanted to save my calories for other stuff like Chicken Rice, Hokkien Mee, Tau Suan, Roti Prata... you get the idea hehe.

Solution: oven baked rosti. Adapted from a recipe from Pinterest. So quick and easy with the help of the microwave!

Okay they just came out of the oven and are omg amazing. Crispy on top, slightly gooey inside but packed with little surprises of crunchy bacon! And the sour cream adds just enough tanginess the bring out the flavour of the scallions and bacon and cheese that are just mellllting in my mouth. I'm in loveeeee. 



Skinny Cheesey Rosti

Ingredients (serves about 3)
4 medium potatoes 
3 tsp scallions 
4 strips turkey bacon, chopped into small pieces
3 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbsp sour cream 
Salt and pepper to taste 

I used whatever was in my mom's magical fridge (it's like Doraemon's pocket, seriously) but I imagine you could substitute sour cream with yoghurt, turkey bacon with any bacon or ham, which is probably what I will do when I'm back in Japan with my boring pantry :<

(Only about 330kcal a serving! and you could make it even lighter by using light sour cream/low fat cheese. )

Method
1. Preheat oven to 200 deg. 

2. Wash potatoes clean, peel and grate. 

3. Pop into microwave in a dish with about 1/2 cup water and cook on high for about 3min.
 (Check that potatoes are almost cooked but they should still be slightly crunchy)

4. While potatoes are cooking, dry fry the bacon on a non-stick pan until slightly crispy.  



5. Remove from microwave, throw away the starchy water and toss with scallions, sour cream, salt and pepper. 


6. Time to assemble! Lightly oil baking dish and evenly spread a layer of the potato mixture. 

7. Sprinkle the bacon bits and cheddar cheese on top of this layer, but save some for the top.



8. Cover with another layer of potato mixture, bit of cheese just for the colour and the leftover bacon for the extra crunch!


9. Pop the dish into the oven and bake for about 30min til golden.



These will definitely be going on my favourite-comfort-food list! *_*

 

No comments :

Post a Comment