Day trip to Yamanashi! Part one.



I'm on a free 2-day trip at Yamanashi now whee! Perks of being a foreign student haha.  It's actually my third time there. I remember making grape jam on first time with my Japanese school,

Hahahahahahaha. 

and visiting this really pretty village last autumn during my second time with todai.


Yamanashi prefecture is about 3 hours by bus from Tokyo. It's known for its scenic views of Fujisan and it's super yummy grapes. On a clear day you can see fujisan like its right in front of you! Really Nice getaway from the busy city. I can understand why the schools keep bringing us on trips here haha.

The weather was perfect!


Mandatory selfie hehe. I think I'm getting better at this.

Lunch was at a small eatery right next to Lake Okugawa (I think this was the name :x )


Pretty decorations at the place. 
Esther says it is very artistic www

I liked the cosines of this place :))

Chef explaining how to enjoy the dishes. 


Fujisan-mabushi. Fish caught from the lake cooked together with rice topped with scallions. Three ways to enjoy this: plain, topped with scallions, and lastly as ochadzuke (=rice with savoury tea served together into the bowl) So good!


All mixed up and ready to eat. Also had a few side dishes of picked radish and an edamame jelly like thing (super wobbly lol) 


I loved this blue fence! :))


Then we stopped by a mart selling local produce. Look who I found! 
Eita! ♥︎ Hahaha. 

Vending machines never fail to amaze me. This one sold takoyaki, yakisoba and pan fried onigiri! Wth!? Haha. 


Dinner was at our onsen ryokan! Kappa-meshi. So healthy :) love how Japanese food always looks so pretty. But don't like how half of the dishes are cold >< the cold bothers me! Haha. lol Esther didn't eat much of it because she hated tororo (the white slimy thing in the bowl in the picture. It's made from some kind of root vegetable) which I am starting to like a lot.
Especially with soba. It's so slimy and good!

Mini hotpots for everyone :)) it was made in the image of fujisan -- cabbage topped with tororo to look like the snowy caps! Esther hated it lolololol

And after that we had a stroll around the lake at night which I couldn't capture with my shaky hands :( then we played werewolf for 4 hours and went to sleep. 

End of day one! More tmr. 

No comments :

Post a Comment