Cafe La Bohéme - where Shitsuren Chocolatier was filmed!

Met up with Gaya and Pengru today and they let me choose the place hehe. Excuse to go to a place I've been wanting to go to for a while now! Café La Boheme in front of Shinjuku Gyoen. 

Why this place? Because...

(this is episode 1 btw)

Matsujun and Ishihara Satomi filmed Shitsuren Chocolatier here!!! -cue fangirl squee- If this sounds like alien language to you then you have to go and google and watch the show like now. Or you can click the following link.
Cafe La Bohéme is located outside shinjuku gyoen, about 15min walk from JR Shinjuku station's east-south exit (or 5min from Shinjuku-Gyoen Mae one the metro line) so technically it's not that far. But it was raining cats and dogs today and I got lost so I ended up being 20min late ToT felt so bad. 



Exterior of the place. The tall windows made it easy to find. 


Took a panorama of the inside! Love the chandeliers and the vintage feeling. Couldn't stop snapping pictures :X


And another panorama. This place was just too pretty. We were so lucky to get window seats because Pengru and Gaya arrived early. :)) What a pity it was raining!


We had the corner table so that means that The guy in pink is sitting where Matsujun sat!! Aaahhh. 

Ok on to the food! It was really good. I've been to the shibuya branch of this place so I knew that their pasta was good already but I was impressed anyway. The pasta here is made fresh so it's got a really nice and chewy texture that I like! Like how I like ban-mian. XD

Pretty salad that came with Gaya and Pengru's set meals. I ordered just the pasta so I could save space for dessert... hehe.

I ordered a Japanese pasta dish! Pasta with steamed chicken and scallions with some kind of Japanese sauce salt-based sauce. So good. I spent a really long time trying to decide between this and mentaiko but I decided to try something different since I've been eating so much mentaiko pasta lately. 

Okay on to dessert!! We ordered three to share. 


Hot apple pie with vanilla icecream and caramel sauce omgosh. heaven.


We also got today's special which was milk crepe. Not exactly very special I think haha. 


Woops bad picture because I was too excited to eat. Last was a tiramisu since we were at an Italian place.  The cream was so smooth! And there were some crunchy chocolate puffs? bits in the base so yummy. Gaya said she wasn't going to eat but seriously, how to resist all these temptation?! Sooo good and full after we were done. so... one selfie! XD slept with the lights on last my eyes are so swollen ToT



Then after this super yummy brunch I went to meet Esther and Olivia at Harbs for some strawberry shortcake... 

#ダイエットは明日から #始まらないダイエット (T_T)
Also, all these pictures were taken with my iphone and uneditted (except the selfie ;x because I am so lazy), I am surprised by how well it handles the low light.

For anyone who wants to visit this place;
Cafe La Bohéme Shinjuku Gyoen branch: http://www.boheme.jp/shinjukugyoen/?lang=en

My pasta cost 980jpy, Gaya's and Pengru's hanami set lunch cost 1980jpy each (pasta with salad, soup and drink) and the dessert cost about 600jpy each. Very reasonable for such yum!

They have many branches but I think this one has the prettiest setting. I always go to the one in Shibuya (right opposite F21, underground next to Coach) though, mainly only because I hang out at Shibuya most of the time, and the lunch set there is like 980 with a small salad.



No comments :

Post a Comment