Must-do in Japan: UFO catchers :D

(warning: image heavy! )

So Esther and I went to Shimokitazawa 下北沢 yesterday after the reunion gathering at our Japanese Language Centre in TUFS (the University used as a backdrop for Souta-kun's sister's "highschool" in Shitsuren Chocolatier lol -- more on that later). Everytime people go to Japan, they will visit Shibuya and Harajuku blabla, okay lah those are the main spots but I think Shimokita really needs more love!

Shimokitazawa is so awesome. I love it. It's filled with small little shops that sell vintage clothes and accessories, food trucks, florists, indie looking cafes and stuff. I always feel like a young cool hipster when I go there, haha. Before I get to purikuras and UFO catchers I need to show how awesome shimokita is! I'm just gonna let the pictures do the talking.


vintage/second hand clothes store. loved the whole atmosphere of the place.












"eh nice right??" "no looks like pyjamas leh." -puts back-



Interesting selection of clothes here. I think there were some local designers/vintage/imports. Handpicked by the shop owner maybe?
Super funky second hand clothes shop. Prices started at 390jpy here O; good for people who love retro looking stuff I think.

But this time I managed to resist temptation from buying clothes! My save-money-mind was working quite well until we went into the UFO catcher shop...Haven't messed around with those for a while and it was so fun! XD Which lead me to my first point.

MUST DO IN JAPAN 1: UFO CATCHERS

You can catch the weirdest and sometimes most awesome things in UFO catcher shops in japan haha.



 SUSHI KEYCHAIN HAHAHA. Once I even saw like, realistic looking fish keychains




That's right. Hokkaido cheese tarts and SHIROI KOIBITO. WHAT. now I don't have to go to Hokkaido to get these! I just have to fish them out from here... though I don't know which is harder, lol. There was also a huge bar of chocolate the length of my arm @0@


Nameko!! And next to Nameko was...


Rilakkuma. Dangling precariously by a rubber bad balancing on top of a red ball.

 

"Come get me (・△・)"
How to resist???


They even had hints on how to knock it off the red ball thing! Looked easy enough... but it was damn hard because it was one of those rubber bouncy balls that had a super grip on the piece of plastic balancing on it! Cheat my feelings haha. But with every failed hook Rilakkuma was taunting me. And I peservered!

Though  I think I was looking pretty hopeless halfway, the shop assistant came over and helped me adjust the set up so it was slightly easier :x



AND AFTER I THINK 18 TRIES I GOT IT HEHE :D 

I ran out of cash halfway and had to borrow from Esther first lol. Spent almost 2000y on it I think but totally worth it!! Probably costs more at a shop anyway. Btw it was 100y for a try and 500 for 6 :x

Anyway after that we decided to go take some Purikura (or neoprints, for that matter haha) since we were at the arcade. CONTINUED HERE.

1 comment :

  1. Thanks admin for sharing informative article on japan tourist attractions. It is one of the top travelers destination that draw travelers from all over the world. Keep on updating your blog with such awesome information.

    ReplyDelete