Live Report: TarO&JirO -- Acoustic Rock Duo

A few weeks back I was invited along with the other CoFesta dudes to watch TarO&JirO perform live.

I was like "Who?"

I was so busy filling up applications, and had a job seminar earlier today so I wasn't sure if I wanted go watch some duo in a random club in Shibuya after a tiring day, but I decided to go anyway -- good music and company couldn't hurt.

 And omg I am so glad I went. It was amazing It is not very often that I blog right after an event -procrastinator- but I felt like I just needed to! 

TarO&JirO are an acoustic rock duo and are actually brothers (hence the name, which literally means B1 and B2 -- just kidding w) And are actually going to do a world tour this year (Singapore in summer, apparently!) which I strongly strongly recommend everyone to check out, definitely will be worth it. I'm not an expert in music but it was super intense, and 100% better live than in videos. Plus the brothers are kinda cute ;D Official Page Here

So anywhow, I'll let the pictures do the speaking. It's very rare for Japanese management companies/artistes to allow photo-taking during concerts, so I guess we were lucky this time :))


warrrrming up! At this point I wasn't very excited yet.


They played like 4 songs or so at today's live show. Super high energy. Most of the songs were upbeat and one was a kind-of-ballad song which was a nice contrast to all that rock. Throughout the whole show I was like yabai!! kakoii!! Kyaaaaa! OMG KYAAA. -fangirl- and I don't remember when was the last time I was like that, haha. Maybe FT Island's concert last year or something.




and then HE WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME OMG. Truthfully the first time he came to the edge of the stage I was quite "uhhhh okayyyyyy" but after the first song I was all fangirly HAHAHA. Awesome guitar skillz.

I think this was like the 3rd song, everyone started getting into the music and clapping along.


btw this is Jiro, the younger brother. Super cute! Too bad he was always on the other side of the stage, but towards the end he came over for a guitar solo! guess who was fangirling. I think Taro has a stronger stage presence ~aura~ thing going on though.




The very cute host for the tonight. She was so sweet and posed for me when she saw me pointing the camera at her, haha.

Check out their song Silent Siren if you didn't visit their official page! Soooo much better live though.


And guess who got to take photos with TarO & JirO! (ok their names are quite hard to type)

BOOYAH :D be jealous!!! fml I srsly wish I wasn't wearing my shukatsu gear though. asldkajldkjwa. Tried to roll up my sleeves and be cool but my heat-tech started to show -___-

Also, their show will be featured on the “J-POP NEWS” episodes posted on March 4th and 11th , and will archived here, maybe I'll appear a few seconds in the crowd too :P
http://www.youtube.com/user/promictv
Anw, like I said, they are going to do a tour around world! Though they wouldn't say much about which countries they would be going to, but Singapore is definitely on the list so go and listen to them!!


No comments :

Post a Comment