Visited Kyoto! (Pt 1) Manga Anime Festival!


Okay I am guilty. I haven't written a single thing for 3 months I think! hahaha. But CoFesta events are now on full throttle and I've already been to a couple of super fun events I really had to post these! So first up is this overdue post about my trip to Kyoto for KyoMAF! Kyoto Manga Anime Festival.




I have to confess that I haven't been reading or watching any anime/manga in ages so I was afraid I wouldn't be able to enjoy the event. But it was so fun just being at such a huge event and seeing all the booths and really dedicated cosplayers.

Kyomaf stands for Kyoto Manga Anime Festival. Manga and anime in one of the most culturally rich cities of Japan. Doesn't get more Japanese than that!!





We got up at like 6 am to get to onto the Shinkansen by about 8.
By the way, this trips' members consisted of Edgar (Mexico), Iman (Malaysia), Olfa (France), Pochen (Taiwan), Anitha (USA), Gift (Thailand queen of selfies), Vin Sen (Indonesia), Moha (Egypt), Anna (Poland), Alina (USA) and Me! 11 Super 元気  CoFesta Ambassadors off to Kyoto!!

But after a while...


Zzzzzz on the shinkansen lolol.

And then we finally arrive...


At Kyoto!! It was really kind of surreal. 


Kyoto!!! First thing I did was stuff myself with a meat bun from 551. yumz. And then off we went to Miyako Messe where Kyomaf was being held!


When we arrived at about 1 there was a super long queue outside. But thanks to METI giving us a special guest pass, we went straight pass the queue hehe.

どや。

The highlight of Kyomaf for me was definitely CLAMP's exhibit of original illustrations! I didn't get to see it on the first day but when I finally did on the second day it was so... amaizing... ;o; Unfortunately, no photos were allowed inside. There were also workshops and things like that but we didn't sign up beforehand so we couldn't attend thouse.. oh well!


But it was still a super cool event. I also got to help translate for Alodia who is a professional cosplayer from the Philippines and actually also working in Japan now, and also really sweet -- so amazing lah. 

Hehe got a picture with her before we went to tour the place! Omg need to diet.

Alodia was cosplaying as Madoka from Madomagi (gosh I wish I knew more anime) on the first day! And that's the mascot of Kyoto City with her. But as soon as she stopped to take one photo....


-surrounded-

But I must say, Japanese people are really very well mannered. Something I think people really need to learn from. Everytime someone wanted to take a photo, they would ask so politely! And when she agreed to they would be like "Thank you!!" and then quietly snap a few photos... though that's before they form a circle around her haha.

Okay, on to more pics! There were all kinds of booths selling goods, and anime-related exhibits, and I was so busy looking I didn't take many photos... so here are some I stole from edgar and friends XD


Attack on Titans... by Edgar? haha



A Japanese cosplayer came up and had a picture with Alodia too :) omg pretties overload. There were a lot of displays and booths selling goods. But they were goods/things that you could see if you visited shops and I kinda wished there were more event-only things, besides workshops that only a number of people can participate.

Outside, there was a red carpet area for events in the open. Very interesting visually because it was right in front of a Temple (Shrine? Can't remember the name of it ><) and it was such a cool contrast between traditional and pop culture. The weather was kind of overcast on the first day though...


(gundam pics from Olfa!)

Huge gundam being lifted up! Everytime they did so they would sound the alarm like in the anime! So cool haha.


Moha photobombing my Tori-i selfie D:

And then there were also performances by Japanese cosplayers.
Kuroshitsuji musical performance


Edgar picking a fight with Naruto hahaha.

Kakashi!! ♥


Super cute yurukyara!! Someone please tell me the name of this character... I can never know who is what lol.

And then our Japanese Salaryman Representative Yone decided to join in the fun! XD



He and Edgar got their pictures taken a few times too lolol.

After we messed around on the red carpet for a while, the real performance began! There was a yosakoi performance and they had such beautiful costumes and dance.


 There was a total of like 3 costume changes and they were all so synchronized and quick I don't even o_o

At the end of everything, we were invited to a dinner reception where we got to meet and talk to the president of Tezuka Productions (Astro boy!!) and the mayor of Kyoto City (who is so friendly and cute (with all due respect) )

And so that was the end of day one. We all went back to the ryokan super tired but still ended up playing Werewolf and random games anyway hahaha. But this is not the end! And I will continue with Day 2 where we becamse manga characters. I promise!!! :D

No comments :

Post a Comment