Hello Kitty 40th Anniversary Tie Up in Hikarie!

Olivia and I decided to head down to Shibuya today for some 麻辣烫 after work. I was sooo hungry I ordered damn a lot and ate everything and felt super full after that lol.

 


Then we decided to walk around Shibuya for a while after that because we were so stuffed. 

So we went to Hikarie. Because it is the shiniest newest shopping centre in Shibuya that everyone is (was) talking about and while it has been open for a while already I still hadn't had the time to go look at it properly yet. I've been going to Shibuya so much recently it's starting to lose it's exciting-ness D; if anyone knows any exciting place in Shibuya please leave a comment!!

Anyway, when we got to Hikarie, we saw that they were having a tie up with the country's favourite kitty! 


There was a whole series of events lined up for this tie-up but sadly none of them were today so we had to be content with just walking around Hikarie and spotting the Hello Kitty tie-up items. Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of Hello Kitty, and neither is Olivia, but anything Hello Kitty-editioned is always super duper cute! 

Okay I'm just going to stick photos of some of the super cute tie-up items here and let them do the talking.



Nina Mew's Hello Kitty tshirts, folders, totes etc. Even the display shelf had was Hello Kittied! 

Be Fabulous' items. I like how subtle the Hello Kitty motif was here :3


U.Q's Hello Kitty Sangria D.I.Y Kit! Pour wine into this bottle, set it in the fridge for 4 hours and you have a bottle of yummy Apple & Cranberry Sangria. What a handy idea. I loved browsing this shop, it had everything from hats, spices, message cards, to even arm massagers! haha.

Hello Kitty Sweet Cherry Vinegar. Apparently a dessert drink!

And then of course there were the Hello Kitty Sweets!!!!! Omg all of them were so cute.
Olivia and I were like "ah ok quite cute" when we were browsing clothes/accessories etc. but when we got to B2 where all the sweets were I got super excited hahahaha. Too bad we went at like almost 9pm and most of the other stuff were sold out already.

(excessive use of exclamation marks ahead)


Hello Kitty cakes!!! Omg why isn't my birthday in May!?!??!? I need an excuse for someone to buy these for me!

Handmade oven-baked donuts for the diet-conscious Hello Kitty Lover. I was soooo tempted >o<

Hard Candy!

Hello Kitty Eiffel Tower!! I don't really get why Eiffel Tower instead of Tokyo Tower but omg pretty!!!

And lastly... Hello Kitty manju, and mousse and doughnuts!!!

Super cute!!  There is also going to be a Hello Kitty art exhibition near the station that I am totally intending to check out if I happen to go to Shibuya again (probably will lol). 

After browsing Hikarie, I have concluded that it is a pretty interesting place that was probably designed with tourists in mind. Lots of stuff with motifs of things that represent Japan (Mount Fuji, Taiyaki, Tokyo Tower etc.). The first couple of floors has makeup like M.A.C/Clinique/Estee Lauder like most department stores, and then there are also Japanese brands like Yojiya Cosmetics from KyotoHakuhodoTHREE (organic cosmetics). And then besides brands like Marc by Marc Jacobs, See by Chloe etc., as you go up the floors there are also stores selling accessories/clothes by Japanese designers. 

There were also lots of shops selling various knick knacks that were very interesting to browse even if I didn't exactly have the budget to buy any of the designer stuff haha. I especially enjoyed looking at the shops that had lifestyle goods like U.Q hahaha. Very おしゃれ (Oh-sha-re; I have probably used this word a lot of times lol it is like my favourite Japanese word because I like how it sounds and writes haha. It means stylish/cool/fashionable) 

And then the basement has lots of food, sweets and everything that will make your eyes pop and your mouth water :3 Overall if you are shopping on a budget you probably won't buy much here, but I'm sure people who value quality and design will most probably love this place.

Anyway! This Hello Kitty event will be on until 5/6 so if you're in Tokyo during this period of time and you love Hello Kitty, you know where to go!

Hikarie: http://www.hikarie.jp/

No comments :

Post a Comment